Monday, July 03, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: A Bugs Eye View


"Deep in the sun-searched growths the dragonfly hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky."

-Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Silent Noon

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Pretend you're a bug. Take a picture from that point of a view. You choose the bug: Fly, spider, bee, wasp, caterpillar, fleas, a dung beetle, which used to be Gregor Samasa, whatever. Just make sure you view the world from that point of view.

-John Scalzi (By The Way...)

If I could be any winged creature it would probably be a dragonfly. So, as I look at the above photo I imagine myself thinking the following thoughts...

"MMMMmmm. I love my home. To sit quietly among the water lilies, in the morning sun, is the only way to live. I can sit on this lily pad all day if I want, or I can stretch my wings and do my dragonfly yoga. I'm content with what my life is about, and to be surrounded by beauty and to know inner peace. Now, maybe I will fly over to that lily pad right over there...just for the experience."

What? That could be what a dragonfly might think. LOL :)

-OndineMonet
"A Dragonfly's View"
Conservatory Of Flowers
San Francisco, California
June, 2006
Afternoon

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm not sure you could make a living interpreting the thoughts of dragonflies, but I like the photo!