Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: The Letter M

"I read in the newspaper they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8:00 to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30."

-Groucho Marx

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of something that starts with an "M." From marshmallows to mucilage, it's all good.

-John Scalzi (By The Way...)

Here's my photo. This is an Apple MARTINI. I tried one a few years ago, and while for the most part I don't drink, I do enjoy the occasional libation. I have a fondness for apple juice, which is one ingredient, I really like the way it kinda tastes like a green apple Jolly Rancher. I love sweet/tangy drinks. So, that's my "M" for this assignment.

Apple MARTINI (Webtender )

1 part Vodka
1 part Sour Apple Schnapps
1 part Apple Juice

Monday Monday

By The Mamas and the Papas

Monday, ,Monday
So, good to me
Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin, Monday mornin couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me...

Every other day, every other day,
every other day, every other day is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin all of the time

Monday, Monday
So good to me
Monday, Monday
Can't trust that day
Oh Monday, Monday
It's here to stay.

-OndineMonet
"Apple MARTINI"
Berkeley, California
June 5th, 2006
Evening

6 comments:

DesLily said...

hmmm, actually a Margarita jumped into my mind when i saw your picture lol.. sheesh, you'd think I was a lush instead of someone who has maybe 3 drinks a year! lol..

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a drinker either...I'll have to try one of those Apple Martinis though, I lvoe apple cider!

Jessica
http://www.thewatersedge.us/QuickSilver/

Becky said...

Mmm!

Suzanne R said...

I can't drink liquor because of taking my diabetes med now, which makes me sad sometimes. :-( I didn't imbibe much anyway, especially since I grew up Mormon and thus didn't taste any alcohol until I left that church at the age of 36. Would you believe I've never tasted a martini? LOL! You do make it look good, though -- enjoy one for me!

Charley said...

I confess to like alcohol more than I should...and if you like Appletini's, try a Chocolate Martini, or better yet...a Flirtini - a champagne martini :)

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Very pretty. I would never, ever drink it, but it's pretty!