Sunday, March 19, 2006

Goodnight Winter



"Don't be dismayed by goodbyes, a farewell is necessary before you can meet again, and meeting again, after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends."

-Richard Bach

Today is the last full day of winter. I have enjoyed this season very much this year, while I wasn't able to get out as much as I would have liked, the time I did spend outside was lovely. One 48 hour period was especially nice, it was on February 8th and 9th. On Tuesday, the 8th, I went to the beach along the San Francisco coastline, between Half Moon Bay and San Francisco, to watch the Maverick's Surfing contest. The very next day, I went north toward Lake Tahoe, and played in the snow. I had never really touched snow before, so it was an amazing treat. Just imagine, sitting on a beach, in a swim suit, in 75 degree weather one day, and then playing in the snow, in 22 degree weather, 24 hours later. That's winter in California! :)

-OndineMonet
"Winter Morning/Winter Evening"
El Dorado County, California
February, 9th, 2006
Morning/Evening

5 comments:

V said...

sounds neat! can`t do that on the east coast, but we have autumn!

DesLily said...

During the years I spent in Florida and in Southern CA I didn't miss the snow at all!! But i do love spring and fall..

Anonymous said...

California- a short drive to multiple environments. I did love that when I was a West Coaster!

SolitaryDancer said...

YAY for Spring. I just can't wait!!!

***CLAP***CLAP***CLAP***CLAP***CLAP


Deb

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Yes: ideally, winter should be something you can visit, not be stuck living in.

Karen