Friday, February 10, 2006

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #98:Utterly Useless Web Sites

Click on the above photo to see an enlarged version.

"Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it's the answer to everything. To "why am I here?" To uselessness. It's the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonishing at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it's a cactus."

-Enid Bagnold

Weekend Assignment #98: "List the most utterly useless website you have ever visited." Suggested by AOL Journaler Rispina.

Extra Credit: "Tell us all about why you can't stop going there."

-John Scalzi

"Ghosts were people once too." -TAPS

I have a favorite web site, and actually it is also one of my favorite television shows as well, it is the web site of the Atlantic Paranormal Society, aka Ghost Hunters, when they are showing on the SCFI-Channel. Actually, I suppose it's really only useless if you don't happen to believe in ghosts. :) Otherwise it's kinda nifty! See, I happen to be a believer in all things...spooky! :)

Extra Credit: I keep coming back week, after week, because like I said...I 'm a believer. I like the guys of TAPS. They are hard working Roto-Rooter men by day, and Ghost Hunters by night. I believe them when they say the have experienced some pretty profound encounters with the spiritual world, because I have as well. I also enjoy the very human interaction between the hunters themselves, as they travel the East Coast in search of restless spirits. Very cool stuff. I would love to see them come out here to California to try and make contact with the "Blue Lady of Moss Beach. Her ghost is said to have been haunting the Moss Beach Distillery for many years, as well as the gorgeous beach that sits directly beneath it. Cool huh? Like one of the banners at the TAPS web site says, "Here ghostie, ghostie, ghostie." :)

-OndineMonet
"Moss Beach/ Moss Beach Distillery"
Moss Beach, California
Spring, 2005
Late Morning

2 comments:

Steven said...

Yup. I'm kinda disappointed in several of the SciFi channel's show websites. I just wish they had more depth online :-)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Haunted or not, it looks like a very pretty place! - Karen