Monday, January 30, 2006

Why You Can't Tickle Yourself...

"When you can't remember why you're hurt, that's when you are healed."

-Jane Fonda

Sunday was a very good day. I woke up early, around 9:00 AM and to my relief I wasn't in pain and I wasn't swollen. The weather was nice, about 70 degrees, and I was doing better because of the warmth. Yesterday had it's moments. I found that I was more then a little contemplative. I was thinking about the November man. I went to see him yesterday...sometimes it's strange, sometimes it's just what it is. If I figure it out someday, I will share it with you. LOL. Do you have one of those relationships in your life? I think most of us will at some point. I think we will all meet someone, at some point, that for some reason, we never really know what they mean to us. Ahh, life's mysteries, it's the stuff life is made of...right?

Why You Can't Tickle Yourself...

"The human brain anticipates unimportant sensations, such as your own touch, so it can focus on important input like, say, a tarantula crawling up your back."

Yep, that would be important! LOL. Mostly because I would be screaming and swinging my arms about. Making odd noises and sweating. LOL. I don't think it is particularly fair that my body finds my own touch to be unimportant. I like my own touch and I enjoy a good tickle. Sigh. Still, I enjoy a good tickle by way of someone else's hand more. Tee Hee. But the thing is, if they are going to write books like, "You Can Be Your Own Best Friend," and "8 Days To A More fulfilled You," then one should be able to tickle themselves. Of course if we could, I imagine nothing would ever get done. ;)

The Times They Aren't A' Changin'...

Tuesday night George Bush will hold his "State Of The Union Address." Sigh. I actually went to the official web site of the State Of The Union speeches. Why did I do that? As I read I just felt more and more frustrated. The president is experiencing yet another all time low in the poll numbers. Big surprise. Did you read the Sunday New York Times article about NASA, on behalf of the Bush administration, tried to silence their top expert on Global Warming? If not, click on the link and have a look see. Just one more sleazy move on the part of our president. Will he stop at nothing? I was going to write an entry today devoted to the upcoming speech, instead I would like to hear from you. Tell me, what do you consider the most important issue that can be addressed on Tuesday night? Have you begun to take the scandals for granted?

Somebody Call Mulder...

Hey guess what? Bigfoot is alive and well and living in Malaysia! Yep, it's true. Do you suppose he has noticed the fact that 2005 was the warmest year on instrumental record? He is a part of nature after all, and you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. I bet he isn't an easy sell.

The Truth Is Out There...

I was sad to hear about Bob Woodruff, and ABC News photographer, Doug Vogt, being injured in Iraq today. Sigh. The one constant thing I kept hearing all day was the fact that both men were professionals and knew what they were facing to bring back the truth from Iraq. It wasn't said in the sense that ABC news was trying to separate itself from any possible responsibility, but rather in the sense that both men understood the risk and chose to go anyway so that they could report firsthand and not through the eyes of another. I respect that. In a time when it is very difficult to know who is telling the truth, it helps to know that there still remains members of the media at large that care enough to bring us the reality and not a warped perception of the truth. Thank you Bob and Doug!

Communication...

As good as I felt yesterday, I was also feeling a little lonely, but then something nice happened...I had an email conversation with a good pal. It had been a while since we had been able to chat a bit, so it was nice to have that. We also worked a couple things out between us. Just being able to talk honestly lifted some weight off my shoulders and certainly made me feel a little less alone. Thanks friend. :)

I went grocery shopping today for the first time in months. Like I said, the sun was shining. LOL. It may sound a little silly, but I bought this little, blue, covered, CorningWare casserole dish, and it made me happy. Go figure getting all excited about purchasing a casserole dish, but it was about the whole day really. Waking up feeling somewhat normal, feeling the warmth of a winter sun on my face,processing things that either confused me or mad me sad, speaking with a good pal, and finding a bargain in a little, blue, covered, casserole dish. It wasn't as good as a good tickle, but I'll take it! LOL :)

-OndineMonet
"Walk Of Life"
San Francisco, California
Spring, 2005
Afternoon

4 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm glad you had a good day. You need and seserve all of those you can get! - K

sunflowerkat said...

I am thoroughly disgusted about the Nasa/global warming news. I'm just thankful that the scientist has had the guts to bring this to our attention. For me, it emphasizes why I look toward the State of the Union with indifference. Can we believe a word the man says?

I'm so glad to hear that you had a good day today. I hope more are right behind it.

xoxo

DesLily said...

Isn't it great to feel good for a change!! I'm sure that had a lot to do with how you felt about that piece of corningware hehe.

to bad we can't bottle that feeling and take a swig whenever we need it.

fdtate said...

Glad you're doing okay today.
Sadly, I'm not expecting too much from the SOTU speech, but I think that only the rabid Kool-aid drinkers still take anything Bushwallah says seriously.
The tickling thing reminds me of the weird, wacky stuff at the Straight Dope...

http://www.straightdope.com/

Love their motto: "Fighting ignorance since 1973 (It's taking longer than we thought.)