Monday, December 26, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Holiday Celebrations!

Before the ice is in the pools,
before the skater's go,
Or any cheek at nightfall is tarnished by the snow,
Before the fields have finished,
Before the Christmas tree,
Wonder upon wonder
Will arrive to me.

-Emily Dickinson

Monday Photo Shoot: Lets see how the holidays happened for you and yours.

-John Scalzi

The holidays in our home are usually played out in small vignettes. Christmas Eve has a spontaneity that I adore. This year we played in the new fallen leaves, then we went for a long car ride to see what was going on around town. We came home and exchanged Christmas ornaments and wrapped Elvis's new sweater. The next day we had breakfast and Alan went off to work. Later in the afternoon we exchanged presents, and then we played the Dreidle game and talked and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. Like I said...little vignettes. :)

-OndineMonet
"Home At The Holidays"
Berkeley, California
December 24th/25th, 2005

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I like the dragonfly! And I thought of you today while going down I-5, listening to an unusual version the the Dreidel song on NPR! :) - Karen
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2005/12/christmas-at-disneyland-more-or-less.html

Cindy said...

Lovely!!
I'm still working on posting my Christmas photos, got some up and more to come!
Looks like someone got a pretty dragonfly necklace...

love, phinney

V said...

Beautiful Pics! And, Emily!
Perfect.
V